Aestheticism Home | Archive HomeRecommendations | Contest

Don't see the navigation bar? Click here to display the frame.

Aestheticism: Fanfic Reviews

Recommendations

Do you have a story you love? Who's your favorite author?  Tell us at [email protected], or leave your recommendation in the guestbook.
Recommend a Story | Read Reader's Recommendations

Arslan Senkai

  • Narsus and Darun: A Vignette, by Sahari
    Sahari's stories are like Maxfield Parish's prints - lovely,gleaming visions of a hedonistic paradise. Narcissus and Darunis a sharp and clever study in power and friendship, writtenin her usual gracious and lovely style. Don't missher other Arslan series: Coronation, and her original series, Courtof Eternity.

Cain

  • Fair and Foul are Near of Kin I & II, by Jeanne Johnson
    I am always amazed by the range of Jeanne's writing. The challenge, in this case, was to write a m/m story pairing Count Cain with his faithful valet, and in a style not just in keeping with the character, but also to keeping with the time period. Here she recreated the style of a Victoria gothic mystery with brillant success.

Dragon Ball

Recommend a story for Dragon Ball

Eroica

  • A Garden in Paris & A Garden in Eden by Jeanne Johnson
    Read them even if you're not an Eroica fan. Read them even if you have never ever heard of Eroica. The Garden Series stand by themselves as some of the most elegant and intelligent novels I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

Escaflowne

Final Fantasy

  • Noboby, by Cassiel (Reviewed in Fanfic Spotlight)

Fushigi Yuugi

  • Onanistic Narcissism, by Baxter
    (Winner of 2nd Aestheticism Fanfics Competition)
    I would never have imagined that Fushigi Yuugi could haveinspired such a sophisticated treatment of self-love,voguerism, and desire. The result is both satisfying and disturbing. The reader is caught, dry-mouthed andheart pumping, as she watchs the beautiful emperor conduct a love affair of one. This is a story that would not have been outof place in the Yellow Book.

Kizuna

Evangelion

Recommend a story for Evangelion

Rayearth

Recommend a story for Rayearth

Ranma 1/2

Rg Veda

  • Little Red Ashura-ou, by KittyTentai as the big bad wolf. Taishaku as the clueless hunter.A politically incorrect fairy tale that spares no-one's feelings. Don't eat or drink anything while you read this.
  • All of Me, by Mimi (NC-17)
    An angst feast, for those who like that sort of things.

Rurouni Kenshin

  • Aoshi, by Jink
    Jink's writing is as richly textured as the kimono worn by the geisha she evokes in her story. This short character study is so bursting with imagery and color and style that

Sailor Moon

  • The Ballad of Zoe and Malacite I, II, & III by Windlily
  • The kind of stories you want to print out and curl up with on a rainy afternoon. A healthy dose of sexual tension, engaging characters, and a solid plot make for a happy and satifying read.

Samurai Troopers

Recommend a story for Samurai Troopers

Tokyo Babylon/X Universe

Shoujo Kakumei Utena

  • Sunday, by Team Bonet (Reviewed in Fanfic spotlight)

Yuu Yuu Hakusho

  • Fairy Tales (Baby in the Woods, Bedtime), By Katchan
    Even though I'm not a fan of YYH, I still eagerly devouredeach and everyone of Katchan's Fairy Tales like bon-bons. They're witty, charming and full of affection.
  • A Gift of an Unusual Nature, by Windlily
    For sheer imaginativeness in sex, no one could beat Windlily's stories. Her delight in the sexual exploits of her characters is infectious. You'll never look at... well, anythingthe same way again.

Zetsuai

  • Recommend a story for Zetsuai

Recommend a Story | Read Reader's Recommendations

recommendation.jpg (12280 bytes)